Allegan Advantage Application Entry
The Allegan Advantage at the Allegan Tech Center, delivered by Lake Michigan College, is an accelerated educational program that gives high school students an opportunity to work on both high school and college credit simultaneously. Students who are interested in enrolling in The Allegan Advantage program should meet with their counselor and attend an information meeting.
Complete the application. Link provided at the bottom of the page
- Note – Lake Michigan College offers Fall semester and Spring semester courses through the Allegan Advantage program
- An academic calendar will be provided. Fall Semester starts September 5, 2023 and ends December 19, 2023.
High school transcripts can be used to meet admission requirements
- As an entering Sophomore, Junior, or Senior with an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better will meet the admission requirements.
- Students must meet specific test and course pre-requisite requirements for each course registration. This is listed in the course description on Lake Michigan College’s Wavelink: https://wave.lakemichigancollege.edu/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
Click here for a draft of Lake Michigan College’s available courses and course descriptions for our Allegan location.
Draft of Fall Courses and Schedule
- Minimum qualifying scores for basic college-level pre-requisites (E,M,R) can be found on the back side of the registration form and may include a combination of standardized test scores and cumulative GPA.
- Students interested in this dual-enrollment opportunity, but have a 2.2-2.49 unweighted GPA, can schedule to take the Write/Accuplacer test at the Allegan Tech Center to meet the admission criteria. Contact Mrs. Houser for testing options: 269-512-7809 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All students enrolled in The Allegan Advantage are required to adhere to the following:
If students are new to The Allegan Advantage, they must attend a mandatory orientation session
on June 14, 2023 at 6:00 PM. At orientation, students will:
- Sign and agree to adhere to all policies in The Allegan Advantage Student Code.
- Finalize their schedule.
- Review the academic calendar.
- Learn to sign into and navigate their learning management system, called Canvas.
- Review college expectations.
All students (new and returning) must attend at least one advising session during each semester of enrollment. Schedules for the Spring semester will be developed
during this meeting.
- Students will also be issued a handbook outlining expectations when in attendance at the Tech Center Building.
Applications will be accepted from 2/20/2023 to 12/1/2023
Click Here: Enter Allegan Advantage Application
Notice of Non-discrimination: It is the policy of Allegan Area Education Service Agency that no discriminating practices based on race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation or sexual identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category be allowed during any program, activity, service or in employment. The following positions Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations Abby Lloyd at AAESA have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policy: Contact information: 269-512-7700, 310 Thomas St. Allegan, MI 49010